Oh Rose, thou art sick

dimanche, octobre 09, 2005

Double double Toil and Trouble

I finally got to get my double signing of 'Death, the high cost of living', of which She wrote the introduction and He did the general writing. We had a very special evening, with 20 minutes reading from 'Anasi Boys' (which I'm going to read), then an interview, prizes which I of course did not win, and a *question and answer*. Not that it made us much wiser, except now we know that He wants to be the God of pet squirrels who put on make-up.
At least he's not the Eater of Socks (like the Small God Obob), or the God of Biscuits (like Indiana Jones ~ on the Vespa). But he likes pirates, which is so Her, and might possibly but not very likely do a future collaboration with Joss Whedon; or just get drunk with him. We also got a gift certificate for $15,--, with which I bought a Mirrormask booklet, and the event was being taped by Space for future broadcasting (Space is a nice station).
I stood in line only for an hour and 15 minutes, we went to Tequila Bookworm (which is a bookstore annex bar where you can read all the books while drinking alcohol and sitting in big comfy chairs, and where I had a vegetable sandwich and hot rum with whipped cream) with St. Geoff's parents before that. He wrote in my double signing one: 'for Anna love and don't die'. I also got Him to sign 'Creatures of the Night', which I bought in Ottawa and is a hardcover graphic novel about creatures of the night. He wrote, in a silver pen (since the page was darkblue): -Anna= dream!
+ signature of course. And he offered me candy. He had lots of it on his table. Even after over 300 people, he still had lots of candy. So I chose something chocolaty. When He saw Her sig, he said: "oeh, my Tori!" and I said: "yes, She said Hi!", so he asked me when I met her, which was in Amsterdam in March, but we agreed that it still counted. He said to say Hi! back when next I saw her, but I remarked "that might be a while". I asked if he knew anything about future tours, or the next bootlegs for that matter, but he said he didn't know anything and that it was all up in the air (I'm sure he does not generally give away much information, but it's worth a try). I guess I'll have to wait for the next two bootlegs to come out (I'm soooooooo hoping it'll be Montreal cause that was a gooooooood show).