Oh Rose, thou art sick

lundi, septembre 26, 2005

Purple people


Yesterday, we went shopping, like we do almost every Solday after brunch. Except that it was dreary weather. I wore my purple skirt, which I bought at this cool clothingstore called Lilith (ironically, they sell materinty wear as well, isn't that funny? And furthermore, did you know Rossetti painted Her? I just love his work :D ). Therefore, I decided to buy and eat only purple food that day.
In the evening, I made a stirfry of purple onion, aubergine and yam. Had some dates with it. For dessert, I got blue grapes, which are purple, and I wish pretty girls would make those, but that's beside the point, and blackberry creamy goodness dairythingy. I also had purple corn chips when we watched 'Garden State', which, by the way, was a pretty endearing and sweet film.

Nowish, I wish I had my 'Gotta Get Over Greta' cd here, so I could listen to 'Best Black Dress', which has those wonderful lyrics:

Mr. George Fox has a daughter just my age
I've seen her once or twice at the other end of his estate
She has long purple skirts and an old mutt she got in college
I wonder if she's seen me creeping home at night through the foliage
Has she seen me?
.
.
I watch me be this other thing and never know
if i'm marooned o'er where the purple people go ..
.
mmmmmmmmmmmm Christmas In Space ..... Look at the kitty, isn't it cute?

1 Comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home