Oh Rose, thou art sick

mercredi, août 31, 2005

Baker Baker

.
Baker Baker baking a cake
make me a day
make me whole again
and I wonder what's in a day
what's in your cake this time

I saw Tori in the Molson Amphitheatre last Saturday night. It started out as being a very wet and rainy place, and I'm glad I didn't try and go to the M&G for it did not happen because of the rain.
Although I didn't get to hear the sound check, although she played none of my favourite songs from the albums (given that Icicle and Blood Roses came pretty close ~ Yes she did Icicle deary!), although she did only one b-side (Here. In My Head), although I did not recognize the covers in Tori's pianobar (wherefore I should be spanked :p ), it was still the most amazing thing ever!!
Tori solo is so much better, Tori up close is so much better, Ahoy really sucks! I had a wonderful seat, I got closer during the encores, I took great pictures apart from all the stripes on them. The Like were pretty but bland, I have attained two autographed posters from The Ditty Bops, nice grrrrrls BTW, and I got the Sweet The Sting t-shirt:

Tori's performance was absolutely fabulous, the set started out really strong with after OS Icicle, Blood Roses and Here. In My Head. She did a great improv to General Joy, Mother and Crazy were both all right. Pianobar was fab, even Cars & Guitars was bearable, then the Choirgirl songs came, always winners, they are. She did a beautiful version of Taxi Ride before TBK. The encores were OK, but not amazingly wantable, so I reeeeeeeeealy prayed to TGG for a stunning last song, when I knew there was only one left.

Then, she did Baker Baker.

I swear that woman is going to tear my soul apart one day. I was getting really depressed with not having a job, till I found a new one just two days before the concert. Guess what I'm going to be? And guess which song I downloaded (cause I didn't bring my UTP to Canada) for needs of hearing it the day before the concert?

Yep, that's right. When I got home I immediately went to The Dent for setlist news (about the covers, which were 'If You Could Read My Mind' by Gordon Lightfoot and 'Both Sides Now' by Joni), and found out that Baker Baker wasn't even originally on the setlist! She decided to play it instead of Silent All These Years! How amazingly coincidental is that (for one who has a repetoire of about 300 or more songs?) ..

1 Comments:

  • At 12 septembre, 2005 20:01, Blogger nj said…

    Heya happy.

    Every day has its coincidences.

    Sucks that I wasn't there. I have developed a homesickness for Toronto, which is weird, of course.

    It was the start of summer, and it's ending now. Perhaps that's it. Time to listen to Tori.

    Walk down that path travelled by & may the moon watch over ya.

     

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home