Oh Rose, thou art sick

samedi, août 13, 2005

Lecturetime


Well, not by me. I went to a lecture tonight. I shall have a lot of updating to do after my long absence, but the lastest thing shall come first. This happened to be a life-seeing of Ayaan Hirsi Ali. Yes, after staring at her for hours on television I finally got to see the lady in real life ~ you can't believe the amount of security a damsel with a fatwa on her head can get.
Because I came with someone who was very tired we didn't stay for Submission Part I and the subsequent question round, but I've already seen Submission so that wasn't bad. I got to see Ayaan talking, as well as two other ladies, one of them being a Canadian lesbian Muslim talk show host. She was a very good talker. Made good points about honour in Sharia law. The last lady both bored me and confused me with her speech read from paper notes on political Islam, although at one point she got quite passionate which made me pay attention again. It was weird how I could have sworn she said she lost all her fellow women activist friends in three years and later she made it out to be three months.

Anyway, for any of you poor dears who have not seen Submission Part I yet, go click the several links so you can see the whole in pieces on this website. Our famous Dutch movie director Theo van Gogh (like the painters name, yes, whom I abhor) got killed over it in the only (so far) Dutch Muslim-terrorist attack. May he frothingly walk in his teeweeland.