Oh Rose, thou art sick

samedi, juillet 16, 2005

The green faery


Great news from Durtro:

David meets the green fairy

David has been commissioned to design the label for a bottle of absinthe. He is very very delighted to accept. This absinthe will be generally available, though the best place to purchase it from is direct from Absinthvertrieb Lion. They can ship orders worldwide. There will also be a limited edition of 93 in a special wooden case with printed C93 image on the lid. This case will include: a bottle of absinthe with the label signed by David; 2 absinthe glasses; 2 absinthe spoons; and a limited CD only available in the special edition featuring a song with David on vocals and Ben Chasny on guitar. For more details contact Markus and Absinthevertrieb. The website is available in English, German and French.


Guess what I had at the bar last night?

Wild Mushroom Soup
roasted assorted mushrooms in a thyme and vegetable broth
.
Van Gogh's ear
Absinthe poured over a flaming sugar cube, chilled and shaken with tart lime and lightly rimmed with sugar

It was wonderful! Of course, it isn't the real thing yet, but I'll get at it, someday! Decadence will avail!

2 Comments:

  • At 17 juillet, 2005 23:29, Blogger nj said…

    Awesome! I gotta have it... someday.

     
  • At 18 juillet, 2005 03:44, Blogger Oh Rose, thou art sick said…

    Uhhuh! Me too!

    Should I go to San Francisco? I have to buy tickets for the concerts tonight if I want to. But I also have to be easy on my money because otherwise, I can't visit El down under :s . Oh the agony of decisions!

     

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home