Oh Rose, thou art sick

mercredi, août 23, 2006

Five Quotes

In between --> I've taken up the quotes idea which I found on the blog of Ze Wise One, and shall share with you the five random quotes I found:

1. The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.
William James (1842 - 1910)
This will be my job hopefully.

2. It's odd that you can get so anesthetized by your own pain or your own problem that you don't quite fully share the hell of someone close to you.
Lady Bird Johnson (1912 - )
I love the understatement of this, the ‘don’t quite fully’.

3. Seize the moment of excited curiosity on any subject to solve your doubts; for if you let it pass, the desire may never return, and you may remain in ignorance.
William Wirt (1772 - 1834)
Do it now. Now now now now now.

4. Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.
Jane Wagner, (and Lily Tomlin)
This is why I try not to be in touch with reality.

5. Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.
Henry Miller (1891 - 1980)

Forget yourself indeed. Well, most of these quotes speak for themselves. I wholeheartedly agree with ‘m.