Oh Rose, thou art sick

mardi, février 14, 2006

stopping by woods on a snowy evening

.
.
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
.

That's what it was like out in the woods, like Narnia, always snowing but never Christmas. It even had the lamp (well, several of them). I always follow the road less traveled by. Or, you know, if they happen to be equally traversed I go left.

3 Comments:

  • At 15 février, 2006 07:49, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    a beautiful poem, my dear, but by whom? Why do you always rather follow the roads less travelled by? I still didn't see the film.
    Love you, mum.

     
  • At 15 février, 2006 11:20, Blogger Oh Rose, thou art sick said…

    It's Robert Frost.

    .....

    Because it's Robert Frost.

    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference


    It's called The Road not Taken.

    .....

    Don't worry, I'll rent it when we have that week alone or something ;)

     
  • At 15 mars, 2006 22:15, Blogger Michael said…

    "Compelled to go our own way,
    The way that takes a million more . . "

     

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home