Oh Rose, thou art sick

samedi, janvier 18, 2014

Festive season comes around again


Keeping in line with last years' theme (although admittedly I have not read 'the Stations of the Sun' yet) I have once again given myself a Ronald Hutton book. His latest is called 'Pagan Britain'. It sounded too good not to buy. Professor Hutton is constantly on the BBC as an expert these days, I have seen him in Tudor Monastery Farm and Sacred Wonders of Britain, and he is amazing. Unfortunately I had to leave the book in the Flat Land, due to aeroplane weight restrictions, but I really should read the other one first so no harm done.


Also, I was given 'Vampires in the Lemon Grove', a book of short stories, by Ze Wise One's partner (I can't think of a good nickname for her at the moment). So far I really like the story about the human silkworms!


Hipster Chef got a book on cooking with Offal (whatever one fancies..), and Ze Wise One refused any books this year, and instead got himself some whiskey glasses (might need to change his name into Less Wise One if he uses them too often!).