Oh Rose, thou art sick

samedi, juin 30, 2007

Warrior Doll

.
Me and Sailorboy (formerly known as Boy Charming) went to see Tori in the beerhall. The opening act was pretty bad, like being in an Irish bar, only more crowded is what Sailorboy said.
Tori played very long, but since I'm following the tour I knew what to expect. I could tell Sailorboy how long we had to go. 't was too long for the non-fanatics, but too short for me always. Toronto was a more intense experience, but Tori was great in voice and magnificent in performance.
She opened as Pip, who is her embodiment of Athena, a warrior goddess. I was hoping for Pip so was pleased, though if I could see another show now I'd cross my fingers for Isabel (Clyde's settlist has improved a lot as well). The Fat Slut on her knees was great, here's an interesting anti G8-improv + Fat Slut she did in Dusseldorf.
Tori herself did two improvs, the long one, My Piano, was really funny. We were lucky to get that. I like the improvisations this tour more than the covers last time around I think. She's bringing out some covers now as well and still debuting songs almost every show. We only got the regular albums songs, except for one B-side; Flying Dutchman, which was nice to hear. I loved me some Spring Haze and Caught A Lite Sneeze too :D . After Hey Jupiter we left quickly to avoid the Topper's crowd (who were enjoying themselves in the Arena opposite the beerhall).

All I want from Tori now is that she debuts Datura :P (and maybe for her to stop wearing those ridiculous wigs ans hats during the M&G's, really, you don't need it judging from the pics without of late).